TMAC Lean Manufacturing Class | San Marcos
This unique program provides companies the opportunity to provide their employees with an overview and a strong foundation in the Lean concepts and tools that are used to drive continuous improvement and achieve world-class business performance. The course is held one day a week for 5 consecutive weeks so that participants can “learn and return” and come back the next week to discuss what they found and questions that came up. We will learn the 8 wastes and how to spot them as well as “Lean Tools” that can be applied in any business environment:
- Principles of Lean - A systematic approach to identifying and eliminating waste through continuous improvement.
- Value Stream Mapping - A technique used to analyze and design the flow of materials and information required to bring a product or service to a consumer.
- 5S Workplace Organization - A series of activities designed to improve workplace organization and standardization. Standardization in the workplace simplifies everyday activities leading to time-saving improvements and waste reduction.
- Cellular Manufacturing - The arrangement of machines and stations in close proximity to enable flow for a single product or product group.
- Standard Work – Establishing agreed upon work procedures that represent the best sequence for each process within Takt Time while minimizing work in process. It enables a job to be completed by the best current method to meet customer demand without waste.
- Pull Systems - A system in which items are only made or withdrawn when there is demand from a downstream customer. A kanban is the signal that gives the instruction on what to do based on the downstream customer’s activities.
- Setup Reduction - A tool used to optimize setup in order to minimize the downtime involved in changing over a process to produce a different product in the most efficient manner.
- Total Productive Maintenance- A method used to keep equipment producing only good product, as fast as possible with no unplanned downtime.
- Kaizen Events – A continuous improvement process that is an extremely efficient way to quickly improve a process that involves buy-in from all parties related to the process.
Participants completing the entire series will receive a certificate of completion on Lean Manufacturing. Continuing Education Units will also be available.
Fridays - October 6, 13, 20, 27 and Nov 3 (5 consecutive weeks)
8 am – 4 pm
Workforce Solutions of Hays County
4794 Transportation Way Building 5, Suite 500, San Marcos, TX 78666
ARMA & SAMA members ($1,400) | Non-member ($1,600)
For registration questions please contact Liz Gori at Liz@arma-tx.org
BACK TO ALL EVENTS